About Us‎ > ‎

Our History

The church was founded in 1953, although there were some earlier links with the chapel at Thrupp.

At this time, Kidlington was a rapidly growing community, and a small group of people started meeting in a hut located in The Moors (now occupied by Helwys Place).

By the early 1960's, the fellowship was steadily growing, and a new building was needed. A building plot was found at the corner of High Street and The Moors – this site was purchased in 1963. This is the location that we worship in now.

Our first church building was opened in 1966 - this is now our church hall. Over the years the building has been extended and refurbished.

In 1978, work was completed extending the building to include our present worship area.

In the mid nineteen eighties, land was exchanged giving access for Foxdown Close to be developed; in return we gained more land to extend our car parking facilities.

In 2008 the church was reopened after extensive redevelopment of the central section of our premises.

The present building is well use by the fellowship of the church and local community groups, and gives a warm welcome to all who enter.

One of our late members, Bridgett Leeves, wrote a history of the church from it’s commencement to 1978. This is history located in our members section: “Bridget Leeves History 1953 to 1978”